From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Scattergood Survives a Murder|
|Directed by||Christy Cabanne|
Ridgeway Callow (assistant)
|Produced by||Jerrold T. Brandt|
Frank Melford (associate)
|Screenplay by||Michael L. Simmons|
|Based on||the short stories, Scattergood Baines |
by Clarence Budington Kelland
|Music by||Paul Sawtell|
|Edited by||Richard Cahoon|
|Distributed by||RKO Radio Pictures|
Scattergood Survives a Murder is a 1942 American mystery film directed by Christy Cabanne from a screenplay by Michael L. Simmons, based on the series of short stories about "Scattergood Baines", penned by Clarence Budington Kelland.
- Guy Kibbee as Scattergood Baines
- John Archer as Dunker Gilson
- Margaret Hayes as Gail Barclay
- Wallace Ford as Wally Collins
- Spencer Charters as Sheriff
- Eily Malyon as Mrs. Grimes
- John Miljan as Rolfe
- George Chandler as Sam Caldwell
- Dick Elliott as Mathew Quentin
- Florence Lake as Phoebe Quentin
- Sarah Edwards as Selma Quentin
- Willie Best as Hipp
- George Guhl as Deputy
- Eddy Waller as Lafe Allen
- Margaret Seddon as Cynthia Quentin
- Margaret McWade as Lydia Quentin
- Frank Reicher as Thaddeus Quentin
- Earle Hodgins as Coroner
In July 1942 it was announced that Guy Kibbee would star in the picture, to be produced by Jerrold T. Brandt, who had produced the earlier 4 Scattergood films.
- "Scattergood Survives a Murder: Detail View". American Film Institute. Archived from the original on April 2, 2014. Retrieved September 17, 2014.
- "'Diversity, Balance, Elasticity,' RKO Lineup Key". The Film Daily. July 29, 1942. p. 6. Retrieved November 26, 2015.
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.