From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Seven Keys to Baldpate|
|Directed by||William Hamilton|
Charles Kerr (assistant)
|Produced by||William Sistrom (associate producer)|
|Written by||Anthony Veiller|
|Based on||play by George M. Cohan|
based on the novel by Earl Derr Biggers
|Music by||Alberto Colombo (uncredited)|
|Cinematography||Robert De Grasse (as Robert de Grasse)|
|Edited by||Desmond Marquette|
Seven Keys to Baldpate is a 1935 film directed by William Hamilton and Edward Killy and starring Gene Raymond and Eric Blore. It is one of several filmed versions based on the popular 1913 play.
- Gene Raymond as Magee
- Margaret Callahan as Mary Norton, alias of Mary Johnson
- Eric Blore as Professor Bolton, alias of Harrison
- Grant Mitchell as Thomas Hayden
- Moroni Olsen as Jim Cargan
- Erin O'Brien-Moore as Mrs. Hayden, alias of Myra
- Henry Travers as Adlebert Peters
- Walter Brennan as Station agent
- Ray Mayer as Bland
- Erville Alderson as Chief of police
- Murray Alper as Max
- Harry Beresford as Lige Quimby
- Emma Dunn as Mrs. Quimby
The critic from The Washington Post said he could think of no two actors less alike than Gene Raymond and Richard Dix (who starred in the 1929 film version), apart from George Arliss and Harpo Marx, and said the film was a "sturdy old warhorse"; while Variety wrote, "Too much conversation and too little action makes this mystery comedy, old stage success, only fairly amusing."
- "Seven Keys to Baldpate (1935)".
- "Seven Keys to Baldpate (1935) - Articles - TCM.com". Turner Classic Movies.
- "Seven Keys to Baldpate," Introducing New Actress, Opens at Keith's Tomorrow: Raymond Stars In Role First Done by Cohan Has Been Made 4 Times; Lela Moore's Ace Stunt; About the Showshops. By Nelson B. Bell.. The Washington Post (1923-1954) [Washington, D.C] December 9, 1935: 13.
- Pitts, Michael R. (April 28, 2015). RKO Radio Pictures Horror, Science Fiction and Fantasy Films, 1929–1956. McFarland. ISBN 9781476616834 – via Google Books.
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.