From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Full name||Viktor Petrovich Serebryanikov|
|Date of birth||29 March 1940|
|Place of birth||Zaporizhia, Ukrainian SSR|
|Date of death||12 November 2014(aged 74)|
|Place of death||Kyiv, Ukraine|
|Height||1.73 m (5 ft 8 in)|
|1956–1958||FC Metalurh Zaporizhya|
|1958–1959||FC Metalurh Zaporizhya||39||(10)|
|1959–1971||FC Dynamo Kyiv||299||(70)|
|1963–1964||Soviet Union (Olympic)||5||(4)|
|1973||FC Frunzenets Sumy|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only|
Viktor Petrovich Serebryanikov (Russian: Виктор Петрович Серебряников; Ukrainian: Віктор Петрович Серебряников, 29 March 1940 – 12 November 2014) was a Soviet association football player from Ukraine (at that time Ukrainian SSR). Serebrianikov was a member of the Dynamo's squad that for the first time won the Soviet championship title in 1961 becoming the first non-Moscow team to achieve that feat, so called "the first height".
In 1960s, Serebrianikov became admired in the Soviet football for his "ball's arc" (Russian: дуга Серебряникова) when the football after being hit was spinning in two planes. Later in interview he explained that the trick he picked in Brazil when the Soviet team was on tour.
After retiring from his playing career, Serebryanikov became the first head coach of Nyva Ternopil that started out from the collective farm "Path to the Communism" in the city of Pidhaitsi, Berezhany Raion in Ternopil Oblast in 1978.
- The statistics in USSR Cups and Europe is made under the scheme "autumn-spring" and enlisted in a year of start of tournaments
Serebryanikov made his debut for USSR senior squad on 11 October 1964 in a friendly against Austria (he was selected for the 1962 FIFA World Cup squad, but did not play in any games at the tournament). He played in the 1966 and 1970 World Cup tournaments.
He is statistically remembered as the first substituted player in the history of the World Cup, in 1970, the first World Cup where substitutions were allowed. He was substituted at half-time in the opening game of the tournament, between USSR and hosts Mexico, when he was replaced by Anatoliy Puzach.
- Artur Valerko. The Serebrianikov's arc (Дуга Серебряникова). Football.ua. 14 November 2014
- Maksim Maksimov. In Memoriam. The inventor of the unique arc Viktor Serebrianikov and his Golden team (In Memoriam. Изобретатель уникальной дуги Виктор Серебряников и его Золотая команда). UA-Football. 13 November 2014
- Viktor Serebrenykov: a wizard of the unique "arc" (Віктор Серебреников: Чарівник унікальної "дуги"). FC Dynamo Kyiv. 28 March 2005
- Ушел из жизни бывший игрок "Динамо" Виктор Серебряников. segodnya.ua (13 November 2014)
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.