Just Once a Great Lady (1934 film)
|Just Once a Great Lady|
|Directed by||Gerhard Lamprecht|
|Produced by||Bruno Duday|
|Edited by||Milo Harbich|
|Music by||Franz Doelle|
Just Once a Great Lady (German: Einmal eine große Dame sein) is a 1934 German comedy film directed by Gerhard Lamprecht and starring Käthe von Nagy, Wolf Albach-Retty and Gretl Theimer. Nagy plays a car saleswoman. The film's sets were designed by the art directors Otto Erdmann and Hans Sohnle. A separate French-language version A Day Will Come (1934) was also released, with Nagy reprising her role alongside Jean-Pierre Aumont.
In 1957 the film title was used for a West German remake of the 1932 film The Countess of Monte Cristo.
- Käthe von Nagy as Kitty Holm
- Wolf Albach-Retty as Heinz von Wolfenstein
- Gretl Theimer as Ria Thurner
- Werner Fuetterer as Wolf von Wolfenstein
- Ida Wüst as Baroness Agathe von Wolfenstein
- Gustav Waldau as Baron Adalbert von Wolfenstein
- Carola Höhn as Hilde
- Hans von Zedlitz as Mr Thurner
- Elfriede Sandner as Franzi, Studentin
- Josef Thuis as Student
- Peter Michael as Student
- Bert Schmidt-Maris as Flugschüler
- Tommy Thomas as Pathfinder
- Assy Oehm
- Werner Finck
- Hans Junkermann
- Hadrian Maria Netto
- Fritz Odemar
- Werner Scharf
- Arthur Schroder
- Grethe Weiser
- Bock, Hans-Michael; Bergfelder, Tim, eds. (2009). The Concise Cinegraph: Encyclopaedia of German Cinema. New York: Berghahn Books. ISBN 978-1-57181-655-9.
- Hake, Sabine (2001). Popular Cinema of the Third Reich. Austin: University of Texas Press. ISBN 978-0-292-73458-6.
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.